Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy Sunday!!

You wouldn't think I would have gotten much accomplished today considering I slept in but I was busy. When I got up I decided to do the laundry and realized that we were almost out of laundry detergent so I decided to make some more. We started making our own laundry detergent a few months ago. It is really easy to make.

Laundry Detergent:
1/3 bar Fels Napta Soap
1/2 c. borax
1/2 c. washing soda (not baking soda)

Put 6 cups of water in a pot and turn it on med heat.
grate bar of soap and put in pot
let the soap melt into the water and then add the borax and washing soda
Make sure all ingredients are dissolved
Divide the solution into 5 different milk jugs (gallon) There will not be much in each.
Fill the gallons up the rest of the way with hot hot water.
Shake the jugs so it is all mixed up
Let the jugs sit for 24 hours and the liquid should form into a gel consistency.
Use 1/2 c. for each load of laundry

Then while cooking lunch I decided to make dishwasher detergent. I am not sure how it will turn out I just made up the recipe so I will let you know.

I then watched the Cardinals lose! Booo. No fun.
Finished the laundry.
Worked on one of my classes I am taking for the summer.
Now I am just sitting watching tv because Mitch's softball game got canceled.

Kinda a boring post but I mainly wanted to give you guys the recipe for the laundry detergent. Try it out and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. most of really do live boring lives...even though we try to write about it in a more exciting way...we all have a story but all live the regular day to day stuff ~ so I sort of liked reading about your normal day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are super industrious with your homemade soap. I'm gonna give it a whirl in my washer soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete