Friday, May 21, 2010

Last Day of School




Well now that I have worked out I am in a much better mood to write this post. Today was the last day of school for the year. Yipppeeee. I love teaching but I am definitely ready for a much needed break. However in two weeks I will be back teaching my students at summer school. On the upside it is only half days four days a week. Even though today was exciting because it was the last day of the year it was not the best for me in regards to infertility. I took some major blows today. Blow #1---We started out the day at school by having a baby shower for one of the teachers I work with. It wasn't too bad and I am very happy for this person but what gets me is when people ask me if I am going to be next. Ughhh Mind your business people. It is hard to describe the feeling that I feel when I know I want this so badly but I have not been able to do anything to change it. Blow #2---- I work with emotionally disturbed students that have some major behavior issues so I have a teacher assistant that works with me...well guess what she told me today that she is pregnant. I am also very happy for her but it was tough to swallow. Like I said at the beginning of this post I just worked out and that made me feel better about my day. As far as feeling luck about today I do feel that this entire process has made me a stronger person that is able to control my emotions. It took strength today not to break down bawling like an idiot at my place of employment. I see that as success.

1 comment:

  1. I have been there, it's always such conflicting emotions...I'm so happy for them, yet so sad for myself. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete