Monday, April 9, 2012

Food Habits

Since the beginning of January I have lost 18 1/2 pounds. This has been a journey that I am really proud of. Throughout that time I have not starved myself and I have eaten healthy and not so healthy. I have exercised consistently for 3 months and I am learning to make healthier food choices. Do I still eat fast food? yup Do I still super size it? yes, occasionally. I think I have found a good balance between eating a treat and working out. I think it is ok to have sweets as long as I get some exercise.

For Lent this year I gave up soda. I really like the way soda tastes. It is just so yummy but I felt really good giving it up. I did have a soda yesterday and it was ok. I couldn't drink it from a straw because I just had my wisdom teeth out but it did not taste as good as it used to. After the soda I drank water. I have some ideas why I think soda is bad for me. I watched Hungry for a Change last week when people were posting it. Here is what I came away with in regards to soda. I have not had nearly as many headaches as I used to get when I drank soda. Is this because of the artificial sweetener (I drank diet sometimes) or is because I have been drinking more water so I am more hydrated?? Not sure. Another thing I took from the movie was that diet sodas cause carb cravings. WHAT???? I thought diet soda was better for you than the full flavor stuff. Where did I go wrong??

Two other things that I took from the movie:
Bread turns straight into sugar = BAD
High Fructose Corn Syrup = yummy = BAD

No comments:

Post a Comment